Monday, July 18, 2011

weddings and school and weddings





SOO this summer has been pretty fast and furious. My wife and I got married at the end of May, we have been to Minnesota, Chicago, and had several weddings and trips along the way.  Class has been busy and I have learned a lot about Neuromanagement, but the summer time is always hard to focus on school with so much going on.  The picture tothe left is of myself and my lovely wife at her cousin's wedding reception.  The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a lot of fun. 








The picture on the right is of my new brothers and father-in-law.  The reception was right across the street from Millenium Park in Downtown Chicago and they had wines and beers from all around the world.  It was a very cool idea and well done.

Since we were in Chicago- I have wanted to stop by THE BEAN, but for some reason we never make time when we go to see my family.  So I did the typical tourist thing and took a picture by the bean (left).  It is a pretty unbelievable site and always something fun for people that are visiting Chicago to take picture besides. It is about maybe a story or two high and is shaped like a giant lima bean.  It is a 'must see' if you are on Michigan Avenue and near Millenium Park in downtown Chicago, IL.

OTS thoughts:  Since occupational balance is part of life- I am finding it more and more difficult as I get older to find the energy and enough hours in the day to complete all the things that I want to accomplish.  Class is going well, but the travel and fun is hard to mix in with the hard work necessary to complete this master's degree.  So for now I am working to focus hard to learn about neuromanagement and balancing fun/friends/etc with hard work to be an OT someday.  



No comments:

Post a Comment