Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Unexpected Football season thus far...

So now that the fall semester has started, it brings to light one of my favorite occupations... watching football.  Since the University of Kansas is my Alma Mater, Rockhurst doesn't have a football team, and I now live in Kansas, I decided to cheer to add a KC team to cheer for this season.  This doesn't mean that I have let go of my roots (Chicago professional teams always), but I have broadened my scope of being a fan to the KC Chiefs. 


KU (left-a picture from the older stadium) is coached by Turner Gill for the second season. After last season it was painful to watch our limited amount of W's in the Win column, so I was hesitant for this season.  After 3 games, UNEXPECTEDLY KU has been 2-1, prior to Big XII play.  I am not sure how the season will end up but after seeing KU win in the final seconds against NIU and losses pretty bad against GT the other night, I hope for more of the same type of gameplay they showed against NIU.


Now onto the Chiefs... If you have watched any football the past two weeks you have seen the pain that has been the 2011-2012 Chiefs.  With major injuries and blowout losses this season is looking to be painful, I hope that they find a way to win- but we shall see. The Chiefs had an amazing season last year and UNEXPECTEDLY look terrible now. (Right- Picture of us at Chiefs Training camp in St. Joseph, MO)

The Chicago Bears- (if you are keeping track) have looked decent in the preseason and still have the same problems of a poor offensive line.  The Bears are 1-1 and hopefully will go well into the playoffs similar to last year.  UNEXPECTEDLY- I am unsure of what to think of how well this season will go- but either way I always enjoy watching my bears.

OTS Thoughts: After filling out my degree candidacy form the other day and having meetings to finalize our capstone project- the reality of this 3 year journey is starting to come to and end.  The light at the end of the tunnel is getting nearer and the 'grad school-itis' has started to kick in.  Each week we are slammed full of new and interesting info on Peds and Musculo assessments, but the fatigue of grad school has wore me out a bit.  The fall season never helps with all the football and cooler weather, but knowing that the goal is near keeps me charging forward.  I have always enjoyed the Fall semester and am excited that this is potentially my last fall semester of my college career.

Last comment- As I keep this blog going for the next couple of months- if there are any questions or topics you would like me to cover- shoot me a comment on here and I will do my best to cover it.  My ideas are primarily what is on my mind and what I feel will suit the reader the best with what is going on.  Thanks for reading.

-John



No comments:

Post a Comment