Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The little things

THIS WEEK- Well hello followers in the blogosphere.  I have been busy this week with a musculo lab practical on Monday (Carpal Tunnel patient), an orthotics/splinting assignment due today, a capstone meeting tomorrow, a quiz today, and then 2 more quizzes tomorrow. I have worked 4 hours and will be working 14 by the week's end.  The sad part is that is how this semester has been going.  My stress levels have been high, my tiredness has been high, and the fact of being wore out from class is also running high.  However, get me to January 9 and I will be to the next step of this program- Level II fieldwork.

NEW INSIGHTS- As I was thinking about what to blog about, I realized that my life isn't all that interesting.  Sure I can offer insights into being a nontraditional student in a Master's of Occupational Therapy program at RU, or about being newly married and balancing grad school, but overall I feel as though there are more insightful people, smarter, more creative, than myself. This is not a discredit to me, but a credit to those creative, genius minds that are at work 24/7. With that being said, it made me think today about focusing on the little things.  My life is very busy and my focus is very much in this program and getting through it, while doing the best I can to balance all areas of my life.  My hope for this blog is to begin blogging more frequently and that you, the reader will gain some insights into my life, as well as think about your own.

STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES...They say to stop and smell the flowers, which means that we all need to stop in our busy days and have a look at life and see the little things that we pass up on by not slowing down more often and see these GOOD things in our life.  This program at times makes it hard to do that, but it is a goal and there is a reason it is called a Master's degree.

DAILY MOMENT- So my moment today was- COFFEE.  I have had a cup of homemade Starbucks the past couple of days and drank it on my drive into class, with the brisk air of fall coming in quickly I enjoyed the moment of having a cup this morning.  I thought about the good things in life, and today's good thing was the gift of coffee.  I thought about the hard work that goes into harvesting it, the warmth it provides on a cold day, and the caffeine that helps me get through the day's work.  So today, if you have/had coffee- enjoy the moment.  I thank God for the good in my life and for letting me take a moment to enjoy one of the many gifts I have in life. 

OTS thoughts: long week, I survived- bring on the quizzes and next week.

thanks for reading.

-John

No comments:

Post a Comment